jueves, 16 de mayo de 2013

Devotion to the night



 DEVOTION TO THE NIGHT



Under your gate my offering

of voices in flames.

 On the forest trail

your precious daughter

waiting for me.

They called her, Selene.

Near there is a river

with thousand reflexes

 dispersing luminosity

and pale flashes where 

I've found a bunch of traces

of my perfect human form.

They evoke me,

 but my eyes are not enough

 to see all those

 creatures of dust.

 We,

   sublime nocturnes,

  moon lovers,

  lonely islands of silence,

We devour fireflies

every freezing night 

 to appease 

our furious hunger

of light.

***

                                                         - Hans Giébe, April '12
                                                                                                











    Design by Caspar David Friedrich (September 5, 1774 – May 7, 1840)

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario